Is a calm beautiful woman, confident and loving; who radiates with strength and compassion, not only for others but for oneself.
This will be a full day workshop that will be hands on, engaging and spiritually fulfilling. We will be completely honest, which will lead to laughter and tears of joy because lets face we wouldn’t do this unless we totally loved birth and empowering women.
The workshop will begin with sharing your experience and how it lead you to working in the birthing community. Please bring your business cards to share with one another. I will be encouraging everyone to network with one another so that we can better serve our community.
Part 1 → An Instant Connection with your Client:
- Learn to engage and connect right away- The phone rings what do you say?
- Learn how language and tone is our most valuable tool. Your website, your business card, your body language may be deterring your client rather than engaging them.
- Build confidence and trust in yourself, so you do not transfer your own fears.
- Develop your intuitive confidence, so you can fully support the birthing family. Your voice and body language should be radiating confidence and love.
Part 2 → Hands on Skills to Pass onto your Clients:
- Learn my Birth Movement positions; when to use them and why.
- Learn self-relaxation calming techniques to better engage your clients to follow your lead. By releasing your fears you will sooth the birthing mother.
- By teaching while doing, you are creating a strong bond between mother and partner, you should be there Sherpa guiding them up the mountain rather than, climbing the mountain for them.
- Building confidence so that the partner always feel valuable, strengthening the bond between mother and partner.
We will Pause and Enjoy a Potluck Lunch, to nourish one another, to engage and learn from one another. This will give us a chance to promote ourselves and one another.
Part 3 → Developing your Observational Skills:
- Let me teach you how to listen, observe, and support your client fully.
- Learn how to listen effectively to nurses, doctors and midwives so that you can minimize everyone’s fear and anxiety.
- Learn how to be the voice of reason not the “Bulldog Barking” or the “Shy Wallflower”
- What have we learned from observing one another? Who would we hire in our group as a labor companion and why?
- We will create an Affirmation Confirmation Board, that will explore your goals and aspirations as a birth worker.
- Birth Poetry– How writing allows you to Heal, Connect, and Grow as the deeply loving community that we are.
- We will end with a Healing Circle to seal our workshop with the knowledge that we are a community working in unity, with a sacred belief that we support the birthing mother and we support one another in the birth community never against one other.
Contact me today to host this amazing one day workshop at your home.
The Lasting Benefits of taking my workshop:
- I will feature your website on my resource page, so that more families in Connecticut will know that you are there to support them as they transform into loving families.
- Unlimited doula mentoring for 6 months after the workshop.
- You will feel more confident in your skills as a birth companion/doula, childbirth educator and as an entrepreneur who will have lasting passion for the amazing work that you are doing for your community.